The Overfat PandemicRegular price $12.34 USD Save $-12.34 USD
Available in paperback or eBook.
Research demonstrates that up to 76 percent of the world’s population—or 5.5 billion people—are overfat, defined as having sufficient excess body fat to impair health. This includes nearly 90 percent of Americans—one of the highest percentages worldwide.In The Overfat Pandemic, Dr. Philip Maffetone reveals common misconceptions regarding the real meaning of “overfat,” factors that helped cause this global pandemic, and ways individuals can remedy the situation with the proper food and exercise. Other major points in the book include:
- The distinction between “overweight” and “overfat”
- How normal-weight people can be overfat
- Why those who exercise can still be overfat, including athletes
- Why waist measurement is better than the bathroom scale
- How individuals can take charge of their body fat
- How the overfat pandemic can be remedied through simple lifestyle changes and without diets
As little as 14 percent of the world’s population has a normal body-fat percentage, and that number may be shrinking. This book aims to curtail the overfat epidemic by exposing a decades-long problem and offering a research-based, practical solution to help prevent and treat it.